How We Started The Business
In 2013 we noticed a gap in the table tennis market. There were no good quality premade table tennis bats available at reasonable prices. Either you had to buy a blade and rubbers separately and glue them together, or buy a terrible premade bat that had zero spin.
At the time we did not know much about manufacturing table tennis bats so teamed up with a top table tennis brand to create our own range of custom-made table tennis bats available at unbeatable prices.
The bats were an instant success that resonated with the recreational market. Within a year were the best selling bats in the UK. Now we sell over £500,000 worth of bats a year.
The bats are sold almost exclusively using Amazon FBA.
Tools We Utilise
The day-to-day running of Palio x Expert Table Tennis is outsourced which means we use a lot of tools to keep it operating.
- Most of the stock is stored and sold using Amazon FBA (link to article).
- We hire freelancers to work on it, from customer service reps to translators. Mainly from freelancer.com.
- Bookkeeping and accounting is done using Xero.
- Our website is hosted on Bluehost.
- We use Flexport for our freight forwarding and customs broking.
What We Plan For The Future
We are in the process of expanding Palio x Expert Table Tennis to India and Japan.
But Palio is a small part of a larger table tennis empire I am trying building following a business concept I am calling a ‘sales net’.
Check out my current projects for the other table tennis businesses.